Courses taken online through UCCS to complete BSN degree:
- Pathophysiology* (NURS 3010; can substitute with Community College BIO 216)
- Reflective Practice (NURS 3040)
- Health Assessment (NURS 3050)
- Nursing Research (NURS 4015)
- Professional Nursing Practice (NURS 4250)
- Nursing Management (NURS 4350)
- Public Health Nursing: Population Focused Care** (NURS 4450)
- Capstone Project (NURS 4480)
*UCCS does not offer a Pathophysiology course online, but it can be taken at a community college and transferred to your ADN to BSN degree.
**This course requires a total of 96 hours, including 56 onsite, direct contact hours. Contact hours must be done in person but can be completed at a facility in your community.
Colorado Articulation Credits (38 credits)
Registered nurses are awarded 38 articulation credits upon receipt of their RN license. These credits will be applied toward the total number of credits required for your bachelor’s degree in nursing.
General Education Courses (55 credits)
In order to earn your bachelor’s degree in nursing, you must complete general education requirements in addition to your nursing courses. The general education courses required for your bachelor’s degree can be transferred from a community college or other accredited institution.
Your advisor will help you transfer credits and determine whether you need to complete any additional courses to meet this requirement. You do not need to have completed the general education courses before applying to our ADN to BSN program, but they must be completed before graduating with your BSN.
Students must complete a total of 55 general education credits to earn their BSN degree, including the following course topics:
- Anatomy & Physiology I with lab (4 cr.)
- Anatomy & Physiology II with lab (4 cr.)
- Microbiology with lab (4 cr.)
- English Composition I (3 cr.)
- English Composition II (3 cr.)
- General Psychology (3 cr.)
- Development Psychology (3 cr.)
- Statistics (3 cr.)
- Nutrition (1 cr.)
- Humanities Electives (6 cr.)
- Global Social Electives (6 cr.)
- General Education Electives (15 cr.)