CU Denver’s online Master of Arts in Literacy Education with a concentration in reading and writing plus Reading Teacher (K-12) endorsement prepares educators to work with diverse, K-12 student populations as they develop reading, writing, and oral language skills.
This concentration and endorsement will enhance your literacy instruction skills and credentials and provide you with the advanced knowledge and training to build on students’ languages, abilities, cultures, and real-world experiences.
What you'll learn
As part of this program, you will learn to fully engage students in your classroom by exploring:
- Language and literacy acquisition
- Effective practices in teaching reading and writing
- Culturally relevant teaching practices
- Children’s and adolescent literature
- Digital literacy & use of technology to enhance literacy instruction
- Literacy assessment and informed instruction
- Hands-on practical learning opportunities
- Teacher leadership
Our goal is to help you have a transformative impact on student learning, creativity, and achievement, while also supporting you as a leader and innovator in your school and professional networks.